Tuesday 28 December 2010

Books books everywhere

I have inspired from Samuel Taylor Coleridge’s poem, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner while writing the title. Which says “water water everywhere” in one of the lines.

If we turn our main point back:

I have to put an end to buy books.

I haven’t even literally started the serial of mythology and Nietsche, I bought on last September. But I can’t help myself ordering books from the net again and again.

The bad part is, I don’t have enaugh space to keep my books, in the hostel room I’m staying. And I don’t wanna send them Tekirdağ without reading.

Last week I couldn’t hold myself back and I ordered some George Orwell books I have been planning to read for a long time.

I ordered four of his works; Keep the Aspidistra Flying, Down and Out in Paris and London, A Clergyman’s Daughter, The Road to Wigan Pier.

Also, I bought a Virginia Woolf novel, To the Lighthouse. Although I know the whole story, I just wanna keep that book in my library. (In the library I don’t own now, but I hope to have in the future)

Because of my limited spare time I’m not a fast and prompt reader. (Notwithstanding, I still don’t give up obtaining books) For instance I’ve been reading Thomas Hardy’s Far From the Madding Crowd for two weeks… Since my university years I’ve been interested in this book’s title. I’m serious! At first I’ve just liked the title. But now, I like both the story and title; even characters...

Whatever... To sum up, I need somebody to stop me from spending my money on books. However, my problem is not about money, but space…





No comments: